Puerto Rican beans and rice!
- 1 pound dry pink beans (sorted and rinsed)
- 4 slices bacon (or a whole pound of bacon) diced
- 1 small-medium onion, diced
- 5-6 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth (can use chicken or beef, or even water instead)
- 1 cup water (more if desired, for "soupier" beans)
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 2 packages sazon seasoning
- 4 sofito frozen cubes
in your pressure cooker saute bacon when almost done add chopped onion and garlic let cook for 3 more minutes.
add the rest of the ingredients.
put lid on and place valve on closed and set pressure cooker on 60 minutes and let cook. Quick release the pressure cooker. Test beans for tenderness. If it needs more time, cook longer. Serve over cooked rice