Grandma Ruth's Rolls (Ruth Ellis)
1. Combine the following in a microwave safe bowl:
1 stick butter
3 and 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 T salt
Microwave for 8 minutes. Stir and let sit until cool.
2. Combine the following:
2 cup hot water, 4 T sugar
4 T yeast, let rise
3. In a stand mixer mix milk and yeast mixtures together. Add 4 beaten eggs.
4. Add 12 to13 cups of flour until dough is soft, squishy, and slightly sticky and pulls away from the edge of the mixer bowl.
5. Put in a greased bowl and turn in so dough has oil on the top surface. Cover. Allow to rise in a warm place until doubled about 45 minutes.
6. Punch dough down and let rise to double again.
7. Roll out and cut for rolls (or doughnuts or cinnamon rolls) then Let rise for another ½ hour on pans.
8.Bake at 400 degrees for 12-13 minutes, until golden on top.