Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Best Bean Dip Ever

I decided to post this because I saw some friends Pinning a hot bean dip recipe, and felt bad that they were going to settle for such a mediocre dip, when there is something so much better for the same amount of work.

I had no idea that this bean dip was anything special until I was older. I knew it was delicious, but it was the one I grew up on, and I guess I figured that everybody ate something similar with chips. I had no idea that people choked down cold 7-layer dips until I was older.

I actually think that I first had it when my aunt made it when I was really little, and it has been a staple ever since. This could obviously be adjusted to make it a full 7 layers, but this is what we usually add, probably since most of this stuff is always in the house.

2-3 cans of refried beans
1pkg cream cheese, softened until easy to spread
2 green onions, chopped
salsa (enough to layer the pan as thick as you like)
cheese (enough to layer in the pan as thick as you like)

Preheat the oven to 350-degrees. Layer the ingredients in the pan (beans on bottom, cream cheese, salsa, cheese, and I like the green onions on top so you can see them, but you can put them under the cheese if you prefer). Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly...serve hot with tortilla chips and wait for the compliments to come pouring in.

Note: you can also microwave this until the cheese is hot and bubbly as well, if you don't have time to bake it.

1 comment: